Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A fresh pile of Trex Decking.

Trex Decking Pile
Look at this pile of garbage in my yard!  And by "garbage" I mean crap.  And by "crap" I mean Trex Decking.

That is my dog Brody in the background.  He took a dump on one of the Trex boards and it instantly increased in value and appeal.

It still really irks me they in which Trex has decided to do business. They have released a shoddy product and instead of doing the right thing, they have chosen to hide behind their warranty.  Despite the fact that many customers have shelled out their hard-earned cash for a product that they were led to believe would be low-maintenance.  I've yet to speak with a Trex customer who is outraged at the fact that there is some maintenance involved with their deck.  Their problem, and mine too, is the amount of work (both time and money) that is required to keep our Trex decks visibly mold free.  It's disgusting and not something any customer should have to deal with.

It has come to my attention that Lowes has started putting pressure on Trex to refund money to customers who purchased Trex material through them.  Huge kudos goes out to Lowes home improvement for sticking up to the little guy.  Unfortunately for me, our builder purchased our Trex decking from "Joes Lumber Yard."  I haven't tried, but I'm guessing Joey isn't going to go to bat for me and try to get my money back.

Bottom line here:  if you purchased your Trex decking from Lowes, Home Depot, or any other major supplier and you are having persistent mold issues please contact your supplier.  They just might be able to help you out.  The money does not come easy however. Reports from customers who were able to procure a refund claim that Trex puts up quite the stall tactics in coughing up the cash.

Stay tuned for exciting developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment